For generations, MAURI has been a passionate advocate for wholesome goodness in baking. As the tastes of Australian families continue to evolve and awareness increases about the importance of ‘Grain Power’ – that is, making better food choices when it comes to our fibre intake and overall gut health – we’re pleased to say we remain very much at the forefront.
In fact, MAURI today boasts one of Australia’s largest and most versatile ranges of wholesome grains and meals.
Good for health, great for taste
Long gone are the days when wholegrain baking meant foods with poor consistency and questionable taste. From breads and pies to cakes and slices, the only limit to what you can now create is your imagination.
The facts about ‘Grain Power’
You don’t have to look far to see why baking with MAURI wholegrains and meals makes so much sense. Here are just some ‘Grain Power’ facts to keep in mind:
- Grains are the best source of seven key nutrients in Australian diets: fibre, folate, thiamine, iron, magnesium, iodine and carbohydrates1
- Grain foods provide almost half of the fibre in the Australian diet (44.5%), with the best sources of fibre being breads and breakfast cereals1
- 40% of Australians say the presence of wholegrains now influences their food purchasing decisions2
- The increased popularity for wholegrains in the food supply is already being observed on supermarket shelves – a 2017 study revealed that 20 white loaves had been replaced by 20 wholegrain loaves in just three years3.
Like to learn more about MAURI grains and meals? Click here
1. ABS. Australian Health Survey: Nutrition First Results – Foods and Nutrients, 2011-12. Australian Bureau of Statistics; 2014.
2. Grains & Legumes Nutrition Council. 2017. Consumption & Attitudes Study. Unpublished.
3. Grains & Legumes Nutrition Council. 2017. GLNC Australian Bread Products Audit.